Sunday, April 5, 2009

This Week

Okay so last week got a little crazy with the Inception April Fool's Day joke and I apologize to anyone who was offended (not really though). But my little made-up plot was good enough to convince a few people (Hey, it was a pretty fucking cool idea. I'd see that movie). They even had a little blurb about it at /Film. In order to sell the lie on April Fools' Day I had to resort to some drastic measures, informing good friends that Warner Brothers was close to putting me behind bars. It wasn't easy. To relive the fun, here's the pretend review for Inception.

So we're going to stay with the "bad joke sci-fi" theme and review a little script called "Battle: Los Angeles" - which should've been titled "Battle: For My Attention". It does contain, however, the very first Scriptshadow embedded picture. So it's a landmark in that sense.

For those of you who sent angry e-mails demanding a link to "The Details" script, I've finally posted one. Go back to the original review here: The Details and the link is at the bottom. Also, for all you development pimps, I'm trying to get my hands on a script called "Nonstop" which sold to Dreamworks last month, as well as Zach Braff's latest script, "Andrew Henry's Meadow." I have a couple others I'm looking for in my appropriately named "Scripts I'm Looking For" list (down and to the right). They're rare enough that if you can get me any of them, I will be your BFF for the remainder of 2009, and most of 2010. And of course if there's anything hot out there that you want reviewed, send it my way.

This week's first review is posted BELOW this post. Enjoy.